I like mountain biking. I’ve done some research. Here are my notes for this sport.
Name of sport: Mountain biking.
Equipment: You need specially designed mountain bikes with some kind of suspension, lower ratio gears, thick tires and strong brakes. You also need special clothes for cycling and shoes with gripping soles.
How to do the sport: Mountain biking is the sport of riding bicycles off-road, often over rough terrain. This sport requires endurance, core strength and balance, and bike handling skills.
- Helmets provide important head protection.
- Body armor and pads protect limbs and trunk in the event of a crash.
- Gloves offer increased comfort while riding and can protect against superficial hand injuries.
- First aid kits are often carried by mountain bikers.
Famous MTB biker: Anne-Caroline Chausson (born 8 October 1977 in Dijon) is a French professional cyclist who competes in bicycle enduro, bicycle motocross (BMX), downhill time trial and cross-country mass start, dual, and four-cross mountain bicycle racing.
Achievements: She has won lots of competitions and is one of the greatest bikers of all time.
Some interesting facts:
- Mountain biking is broken down into many categories including cross country (XC), downhill, trail riding, all mountain, trials, slopestyle, freeride and dirt jumping.
- The origins of mountain biking were founded in northern California, USA.
- The highest mountain bike race on the planet is called ‘the Yak Attack’ and it happens in Nepal, in some of the most difficult terrain in the Himalayas. There are 11 stages and it covers 400 km.
Want to know more?
Incredible facts about mountain biking
What about you?
What’s your favorite sport? Send us your comment.